- 04-05-02 - Article on their new album: Sleater-Kinney Still At Work on Next EP
- 03-29-02 - Check out this article on s-k: Sleater-Kinney Moves On
- 07-04-01 - (i'm starting to date shit. go me.)
Hey hey. Time magazine's July 9th issue covers america's best artists and entertainers, and guess who got best rock band? no, not limp bizkit, boppers. Sleater-Kinney sure as hell did. The article is written by the seemingly biggest s-k supporter, Greil Marcus, who is considered the "Lester Bangs" of our era by many. He also helped garner media attention for the band (or sparked it) when he named Call The Doctor as
record of the year in 1996. anyway.. here's the link, time.com. i wonder if Greil has the hot rock tee shirt in his closet, too. hmm.
- Carrie in a film.. rad. check this shit out, "Group"
- Sleater-Kinney will be playing a show on August 4th, 2001 with Patti Smith in Seattle. Probably their only 2001 show. Go to summernights.org for more info about the show. (KRS)
we have all been busy with various things and haven't had a chance to write
new songs, so we won't be playing anything new at this show. we don't really
want to play until we have new material but we couldn't turn down a chance
to play with patti smith. corin and i will begin working on the record this
fall while janet tours with quasi.
- Spin's May 2001 Issue names Sleater-Kinney's Dig Me Out as #19 out of the Top 50 Essential Punk Albums of all time. (The Ramone's self titled is #1)
- Baby announcement from Corin:
Marshall Tucker Bangs was born at 5:52pm on March 8th, weighing 4lbs 2oz. It's good that we named him Marshall because he is a rock n roll cowboy and came out early so he could steal the show. He is doing exceptionally well, and has not needed any respiratory assistance. He is eating well and gaining weight. He is incredibly good looking! Thanks for all your concern and support.
Corin, Lance and Marshall
- S-K's on a break right now. Expect a new album/tour in the fall of 2002.
- Carrie's working w/ Mary Timony on a new Spells album
- Janet's doing stuff for other rockers because she is just too cool like that.